[Herefordshire] HLUG - Moving into the future.

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 27 20:27:31 BST 2005

M.E.R.C wrote:

> Also wishing you well Mark hope you enjoy overlording the LUG, can't
> wait until the next meeting, as so far I have only met Box from the HLUG.

Also wish my best to Mark for the forthcoming year..

I too went along to LugRadio Live in Wolverhampton on Saturday. Very
impressive! Lots of good talks, and a decent little exhibition too. Two
sets of informal talks too!

Only problem was the complete lack of ventilation - got pretty hot up
there! Hopefully, there will be another one next year - perhaps we ought
to have a stall. ScunDog did (Scunthorpe and Doncaster LUG), Mambo,
Debian, Redhat, Ubuntu, etc were there in force too. Mark Shuttleworth,
Ubuntu founder and first civilian, seemed very normal, a good egg.

More details at the next mtg if anyone's interested ..

I also have a couple of Kubuntu install cd's (KDE version of Ubuntu) if
anyone wants one.

Julian