[Herefordshire] Linux on Laptops

Phil Taylor phil at phil-taylor.com
Tue Jun 28 12:25:29 BST 2005

I thought a new thread would be nice :-)

I have a Compaq N200 (mini laptop) and a Sony Viao (huge laptop with 16"
TFT!)
On my desktop I fun Fedora3 perfectly (Cant live without it! - no dual
boot here!)

I have never had success with them and linux.  my main issues are
PCMCIA (generally)
PCMCIA Wireless (Specifically)
Power options (Sony Viao fan runs at full speed even when laptop cool -
this is handled by software on win)

I travel a lot and need a laptop that I can connect to different
networks as needed (both cabled and wireless) so these things are really
the areas I need to get right,

What has been the experience of others on the list with Linux on Laptops??

Phil.