[Herefordshire] newbie### reply from Roger

Roger Irwin roger.irwin at virgin.net
Wed Mar 9 22:45:28 GMT 2005

Roy M wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm Roy a senior member of society, scrap heap stuff you know! Very much
> a newbie from Bromyard.
>
> Got redhat 9 on a removable disc and Mandrake 8 on an old laptop.
> Been given the Mandrake 10 discs. Not sure where I'm going to put it
> yet. From what I gather it will need upgrading to, 10.2 is it?
>
> I've been principally using  Ms  but am trying to get to grips with
> Linux. -Trouble is I'm short of time to study it's workings. Do allot of
> exercise and play Badminton you see-. Tried to swap over and got
> frustrated, only making some notes in O O. But I lurk allot on the LUG
> lists hoping to pick up tips.
>
> I went to the GLOS. lug meeting a couple of years ago, but the slick
> minds there got the better of me and I was lost!
>
> Got myself a book - Sams teach yourself Linux- but find it hard going,
> confusing to my well worn brain!! I can't find the command screen yet!
>
> If you have read this far, thank you.

Hi Roy.
This is Roger, also a Silver Surfer trying to get to grips with Linux,
and so far failing.
Do you think that our brains get all Feek & Weeble when a body gets to
retirement age?
So far this Linux stuff is driving me nuts !!!!  and I realy do want to
learn how to work it.  Wot's a command line ???

Roger Irwin