[Herefordshire] newbie

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Tue Mar 8 09:58:47 GMT 2005

Hello Roy,

Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask about whatever you need to know,
as there's generally a spirit of friendly helpfulness here! We are a
wide range of skill levels, interest areas and ages, so never feel
you're beyond understanding something that's initially a bit strange.
Next meeting: 17th March (I think).

"Nobody knows it all"... There's plenty that we don't understand
individually, which for me at least is what makes [Linux] computing an
enjoyable social scene, as it causes me to hunt down people who know
what I need help with!

I agree with Julian, it's getting easier to install and operate Linux on
a widening selection of computer hardware. Once you've grasped a few key
concepts, e.g. the Linux filesystem structure/philosophy, file
permissions, root and other user accounts etc., it generally gets easier.

Best Regards,
Matt Rhys-Roberts
Leominster

I.T. & Electronics Engineer