[Herefordshire] Good meeting everyone

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Fri Mar 18 10:34:41 GMT 2005

Many thanks all, for giving me the opportunity to try to demonstrate
what GIMP knowledge I've gleaned over the years. As they say: if you
really want to learn something, try and teach it!!

Edward, thanks for the use of your laptop, without which the demo would
have been not so up-to-date.

The secret is just to while away the hours initially doing unimportant
little tasks and just playing about with it. Eventually you grasp the
philosophy of its layout and it all becomes good fun. Wish I was called
upon to use it more often.

I'm looking forward to forthcoming demonstrations by others on different
stuff. The group dynamics of this LUG are better than any computer club
I ever went to 20 years ago in my BBC Micro days!! Keep up the good work
folks.

Best Regards,
Matt Rhys-Roberts