[Herefordshire] Connecting to broadband without a firewall? ... plus IPcop network card scrounge

Matt Stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:18:26 BST 2005

You should be fine doing a quick test, if you are concerned just shut down
any unneeded web services (ftp, web server, smtp, telnet etc). Also, what
version of mandrake are you running? You should have a firewall bundled in
with it.

Unfortunately i haven't got any spare cards, but have you tried e bay? A
quick search on there brings up some nice realtek cards at £2.85 each plus
£1.99 p&p.

Cheers
Matt