[Herefordshire] Re: Scribus Presentation

EdwardFW at aol.com EdwardFW at aol.com
Fri May 20 23:43:20 BST 2005

Ditto the thanks to Julian and Box

Further to Box and the continuing generosity of HCT, one part of me says it's
a public outfit and I pay enough tax, another part says I shouldn't take too
much without giving something, and another part says it would be good tactics,
so what do people think about a small gesture in due course?

I have in mind us passing the hat round and getting the IT room / department
something modest that would assist them. A few mice or keyboards, say, or a
hard drive. Consumables, stationery? A high status chair? Doesn't have to be IT.

Not big money at all but perhaps there is something that whoever manages the
place, or teaches there, or does whatever Box used to do, would like but can't
easily get via the official budget and paperwork, and which doesn't get us
into responsibility / complications territory re security / configuration /
safety.

If no-one else thinks this is a good idea, no problem.

Otherwise, I'm thinking of something very one-off and informal and casual and
totally optional.

Edward

P.S. I'm still wondering why Matt went out prowling - the moon isn't that
full yet, surely?