[Herefordshire] Re: Scribus Presentation

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Fri May 20 22:31:59 BST 2005

Hi All,

    May I for one, thank you Julian for the Scribus presentation at last
night's meeting and Box for getting us back into HCT. While I am not a
Desktop Publisher (yet) I found it very interesting and quite stimulating to
see just how good a Linux Application can be.

    For me, can we have more of this kind of thing since it always seems
that one wastes absolute ages trying to get to grips with packages or
fundamental processes from scratch - at least I do as is currently the case
in trying to write a Macro for an OO Spreadsheet using a live CD.

    I suspect Matt's presentation of The Gimp was just as informative and
helpful and I'm sorry I missed it but it does occur to me that such
'Introductory Presentations' on frequently encountered
applications/processes/events may help to draw in folks who are a little shy
of their knowledge or experience as well as help those who are already
knowledgeable. For example I wish I knew enough to give a talk on the
different ways of copying, down loading and/or installing packages from
CD/DVDs and the net - haven't managed a single one yet!!.

    Great stuff - lets conquer the world as Edward said last night.

All the best and thanks again

Chris Owens (Tenbury)