[Herefordshire] P166 BASE UNIT FREE TO A GOOD HOME

EdwardFW at aol.com EdwardFW at aol.com
Mon May 23 00:28:15 BST 2005

Thanks for the offers Julian and Andrew
Alas I only have room and time for so many boxes. If I was better at Linux
they could be useful but I will be operating at the heavy GUI and large apps end
thus best to stick with faster kit
Perhaps what is required is a bootable CD, but giving a rather stripped down
setup - a minimal window manager and a small word processor. Because P166
ought to be able to do a lot for someone with basic requirements. We still have
one P166 and one P200 Windows machines. They cope with a load of stuff inc
firewall and antivirus, but not very quickly, and we only keep them as reserves.
Cheers, Edward