[Herefordshire] Re: Scribus Presentation

matt at spherica.demon.co.uk matt at spherica.demon.co.uk
Tue May 24 00:36:45 BST 2005

>   I have in mind us passing the hat round and getting the IT room /
> department something modest that would assist them. A few mice or
> keyboards, say, or a hard drive. Consumables, stationery? A high status
> chair? Doesn't have to be IT.

Yes, some sort of offering to the faculty might be a welcome gesture, that
ensures future favourable relations! Maybe more so than cash, I don't know.

>   P.S. I'm still wondering why Matt went out prowling - the moon isn't that
> full yet, surely?

Sorry about that, I had a sudden bout of information overload, having worked
with screenfuls of data all day; one more screen and I lost it. I went
outside and sat under a big tree for the first time in years, watched the
world go by for a while and felt much better!

I agree that (as stated elsewhere) it's fun to have the opportunity to do any
sort of group presentation - it seems to encourage us all to keep on
experimenting.

Matt