[Herefordshire] Skype - Pc to PC.

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 06:46:44 BST 2005

Hello,

I seem to remember that a while ago, I think it was Matt, expressed the view
that we needed to get a bit more 'with it' regarding communication.

Well Skype now do a Linux version download,
http://www.skype.com/products/skype/linux/, so if there is any interest we
could discuss it at the next meeting.

There is a limited conference facility 'Talking on Skype is more than just
1-on-1. You can make conference calls with up to four other people, and you
can all talk to each other at the same time.'  This cannot be initiated from
a Linux machine at the moment .

However, ' Chat  You can type in addition to talking and you can invite up
to 48 other friends to join in and make it a group chat. Chat is great for
sharing gossip or organizing your next party!'  This seems rather like the
old teleprinter/bulletin board days!

Any other suitable alternatives? Over to you.

Noel.

--
Herefordshire Linux Users Group
www.herefordshire.lug.org.uk