[HLUG] Testing

Mark Broadbent mgjbroadbent at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:39:58 GMT 2005

Hi David,

On 03/11/05, David Shorthouse <kungfu at globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
> ahh forgot all about the bits for installing steam on Linux....(just a note
> I had this working on SUSE9.1 I bought SUSE9.3 yesterday with a wireless
> router & a couple of dongle thingies as well.
>
> I have managed to configure my router to allow traffic to my webserver(thank
> god.) This means I can now go to stage 2 & install SUSE9.3 on that machine.
> Removing my w****oz server. I have a query once i install SUSE I would like
> to convert all the drives to the most secure version of format that Linux
> uses?? Is this Possible or will I have to copy the data to another drive
> format & partition then copy the data back?????

You'll definitely have to copy all the data off, format and copy back.
 No other way I'm afraid, as the on disk formats are entirely
different and there's no way to convert it from NTFS or FAT -> Linux
format.

BTW all the disk formats that Linux provides are as secure as each
other as they all the use the same access control layer in the kernel.

> If so imp going to need a another harddrive :)

Or a staging area on a different computer, CD/DVD backups, copy it all
to a gmail account.  The possibilities are endless. ;-)

Cheers
Mark