[HLUG] [Fwd: Charity & Community ICT Conference 16th November 2005 Herefordshire]

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 6 21:02:10 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm considering going along to the event mentioned above as part of a
HLUG group. As Sian, and Jackie and others at Herefordshire in Touch and
Community First are very keen on promoting Open Source and Linux, it
would be great if a couple of us could go along to promote our LUG, and
offer advice and help to the community and voluntary sector where we can.

There's an awful lot of good knowledge stored in the LUG, and charities
especially could make use of it, thereby spending their hard earned
funds in more useful places than lining the pockets of Mr Gates i.e.
Open Office over MS Office.

You don't necessarily have to know a huge amount about Linux/Open Source
but to be an advocate just be enthusiastic about the subject.

If you are interested, please get in touch.

Julian