[HLUG] Hi to the Herefordshire LUG

Thuswise Webmaster webmaster at thuswise.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 23:47:10 GMT 2005

Hi, everybody,

My name's Dave, I live in Ledbury. I've just joined this mailing list,
and I'm here to say hello.

I'm an Electronics Engineer by trade, and increasingly involved with
embedded Linux. A learning curve which will last a lifetime, but better
than watching the telly :-)

For the record, I'm mostly a Slackware man, and very taken with Zenwalk
(Slack based). Just got one of those Hush boxes, and busy putting Gentoo
on it.

I'm very keen to help promote FOSS in education and local government.
I've been trying to advocate Python at work as the ideal first language
for school leavers (as opposed to Visual Basic). Any Python hackers out
there?

Look forward to meeting you all !

Cheers,

Dave.