[HLUG] Hi to the Herefordshire LUG

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 8 07:56:44 GMT 2005

Thuswise Webmaster wrote:

> Hi, everybody,
>
> My name's Dave, I live in Ledbury. I've just joined this mailing list,
> and I'm here to say hello.
>
> I'm an Electronics Engineer by trade, and increasingly involved with
> embedded Linux. A learning curve which will last a lifetime, but
> better than watching the telly :-)
>
> For the record, I'm mostly a Slackware man, and very taken with
> Zenwalk (Slack based). Just got one of those Hush boxes, and busy
> putting Gentoo on it.
>
> I'm very keen to help promote FOSS in education and local government.
> I've been trying to advocate Python at work as the ideal first
> language for school leavers (as opposed to Visual Basic). Any Python
> hackers out there?

Hi Dave. Welcometo the Herefordshire LUG.

I'm certainly not up to hacker status re Python as yet, but I am delving
into Zope and Plone which uses python. Plone is a Content management
system based on the Zope framework on which you can create a fully
dynamnic website that can do almost anything ! (Well if you know how to
code !! ).

Anyway, it's an intesting learning experience so far.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Julian