[HLUG] project suggestion

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Fri Oct 7 21:42:51 BST 2005

Hi Chris,

Chris Owens wrote:

>     For me as a beginner it would be a great to have some kind of project
> perhaps based on a tutorial type concept covering in understandable detail
> really basic tasks (like making CD's from DVD's,  setting up an internet
> connection, setting up e-mail, downloading and installing applications and
> tools) and recording the gist of what is discussed/written/posted or
> otherwise covered in a Wikipedia type thing perhaps on our website - a sort
> of home-grown 'HLUGipedia'. This way experienced users can keep the
> structure sound and add the esoteric points and people like me can try and
> see that the final text is attractive to and can be grasped by beginners
> (and then the experts can tell me where I got it wrong!).

I think this could be set-up, I've had a good success with using a Wiki
at my work.  It's simple to edit and of course anybody is free to add
their £0.02.  Having people to add the basic content I've found is
required at first but I'm sure we'd all put in if required!

I'll look into if lug.org.uk is capable of hosting it...

Thanks
Mark

--
Mark Broadbent <markb at wetlettuce.com>