[HLUG] Future events

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 8 12:33:04 BST 2005

Hi Everyone

I too spoke to Scott Thompson down at the Expo. Officially, Open
Advantage have to help 'businesses', to count as an 'assist'. They get
paid their grant money from UK and europe depending on the number of
'assists' they can do. So they mainly have to help businesses to get
their money.
That said Scott me that their remit may be redefined so that they can
count assists against everyone, whether they are a sole trader to just
anyone interested in Open Source/ Linux.

I think a talk on Content Management systems may be useful, and the
differences between some of the leading contenders, ie Jooomla,(Mambo),
Drupal, Plone.

Julian