[HLUG] kernel building and error messages

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 15:27:50 BST 2005

hi.

yesterday was a bit of a milestone for me. i've built my first working
kernel. i built a 2.6.13.2 kernel for my ubuntu system. the original
kernel was 2.6.10.

it isn't perfect yet. there are some weird error messages when it's
booting up and i'm still  tinkering with proprietry nvidia drivers but
i'm pretty happy with the result.

does anyone know if there is a log of all the messages that scroll up
the screen when you boot? it would be useful for troubleshooting.

thanks.
john michaelson.