[HLUG] The project story so far...

Benjamin Weber b.weber at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Oct 8 16:42:14 BST 2005

> on the subject of xen, i've got a dvd from a magazine with suse
> professional 9.3. one of the options during installation is for xen.
> if someone wanted to experiment with setting up a xen machine this
> might come in useful.

Yes YaST will make multiple xen installations for you, it can unfortunately
install them from network package sources rather than cd/dvd/hard disk due to
how the virtual network devices are set up, although you can overcome this
with a bit of poking. SUSE 10* includes Xen 3  *(released on wednesday, isos
are downloadable ftp://anorien.warwick.ac.uk/suse/i386/10.0/iso)

> > 6. Wiki beginners reference

we have a docuwiki set up here, http://www.uwlug.org.uk which I quite like,
it's very simple, no database is required. It just uses text files (which are
human readable) and directories, it also has great syntax highlighting and
document structure.

A project we have just finished is producing a modified version of knoppix for
giving to all first year computer scientists. IBM were good enough to make us
300 copies of this. We presented one to Klaus Knopper at linuxworld this
week.

Benji