[HLUG] kernel building and error messages

Alan Carter alan at theannexe.org
Sat Oct 8 21:01:43 BST 2005

Hi,
Try /var/log/dmesg

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of j michaelson
Sent: 08 October 2005 15:27
To: linux users group - hereford
Subject: [HLUG] kernel building and error messages

hi.

yesterday was a bit of a milestone for me. i've built my first working
kernel. i built a 2.6.13.2 kernel for my ubuntu system. the original
kernel was 2.6.10.

it isn't perfect yet. there are some weird error messages when it's
booting up and i'm still  tinkering with proprietry nvidia drivers but
i'm pretty happy with the result.

does anyone know if there is a log of all the messages that scroll up
the screen when you boot? it would be useful for troubleshooting.

thanks.
john michaelson.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.