[HLUG] usb video capture

Ralph Jones ralphkj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:09:52 BST 2005

Hello John, hello all,

I can't help you specifically with any of your questions, but you might want
to try the following websites/forums:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I think the VLC player is what you're looking for as regards streaming output
over a network, and I'm sure on their many webpages there are sufficient
howtos and links as regards your other queries.

Another favourite of mine is:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums

They're a friendly bunch, but sometimes from my plain-jane desktop-user
point-of-view a tad too technical (to a fault - see they video card thread as
regards how serious they take their hardware).

I hope these help

Regards
Ralph