[HLUG] Broadband Fees

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 12:47:15 BST 2006

Hi everybody,

    Q1. Have been tempted by the TalkTalk offer but they say the 'Free'
Broadband isn't available in Tenbury and want to charge £10/m in
addition to the basic £9.99/m. If I were to sign up to this am I right
in assuming I would also have to pay £16/m to Clara.net for their
Broadband service (currently I use their free dial-up on an 0845 number)
i.e.£35.99/m.

    Q2. TalkTalk say the host machine should have Windows ME, 2000, XP
etc. Does that mean what it says or can one use some kind of 'Emulator'
possibility to enable a Linux based system to function.

Sorry to be so thick.

Chris