[HLUG] The Lug Website / Your Linux machines

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Tue Aug 15 19:35:53 BST 2006

Hi Tim
I'm very well and less frustrated than usual because BT have now removed
the DAX which was stopping me from getting broadband. I had to be
persistent with them until they turned nice and agreed to do the change.
Waiting to get the service on 29th.
I hardly ever look at the HLUG website because of using dial-up.
I'm still on the former Ubuntu OS which I upgraded from an earlier
version. It runs well enough except for a couple of annoying faults.
After doing a fresh install of it on a new secondhand box I found some
differences. So it seems to me that the upgrade was not as true as it
could be. As soon as I get broadband I'll get Ubuntu 6.06.
I will then want to transfer email and other files from the old box to
the new one. Presumably I could link the 2 boxes through my router and
have a temporory peer to peer network?

Graham