[HLUG] The Lug Website / Your Linux machines

Mark Broadbent mgjbroadbent at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:48:25 BST 2006

On 16/08/06, Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hg80 wrote:
> > Ok two things really but i'll begin with a simple Hi, how is everyone?
> >
> > 1, The website needs to be more active i keep checking every so often
> > in the hope of something new will be up but there never is...... If
> > you like i can help keep the site upto date with news and info in the
> > linux world as i spend alot of my time researching linux and with it,
> > its new technology's.
> Hi
>
> Yes the website has gone off the boil a bit. I can give you a login to
> add items, in fact we are happy to do this for any legitimate member. If
> this is abused, your rights to add stuff to the site will be withdrawn
> (this is the case for any member - not just Tim :-)
> I'll send you a login later. Many of us now have little ones to look
> after, Matt RR, Me, Mark, Box so we don't have as much time as we used to.

I have to agree with that, but hopefully I may have a bit more time in
the near future to enter some more content.  That is, once I've
learned how to use Mambo. :-/

> > 2, im looking into getting a System 76 laptop imported from USA but
> > just want to know what specs are peoples machines and what is
> > performance like using your distro of Linux.
> >

> > Im using Ubuntu 6.06 64bit on a X2 4400, 1GB ram, Nvidia 7800GT, Wifi
> > 250GB Sata drive
>
> Just a plain old 2.4 GHz Celeron,IDE drives, 512 MB RAM. Nvidia 128 MB
> card 32 bit. But all runs fine for me ;-)
>
> Hope to make the meeting Thursday - where is it?

Rubbish, I forgot it was the third Thursday.  I'm tempted to say the
that Grahams BBQ will replace this months meeting, however if people
fancy going drinks at the Spread Eagle (provided that there are some
;-) ) tomorrow then I'm sure that'd good.  I would come along, but
only if we make the pub a little closer to Sheffield!

Thanks
Mark

--
Mark Broadbent
Herefordshire LUG Master

* http://www.wetlettuce.com/
* http://www.herefordshire.lug.org.uk/

Warning: `class Bob' only defines a private destructor and has no friends
  --- GCC C++ compiler: