[HLUG] voice on yahoo messenger???

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 21 19:16:11 GMT 2006

Emon wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I am rinning Slackware10.2 with KDE desktop. I want to use yahoo
>messenger with voice support under Linux...... it that
>possible?? In fact any messenger will do as long as it supports
>voice.

Have a look at Gaim vers 2, which includes Video and supports Yahoo
AFAIK. As have a look at Gnomemeeting (its just chnaged named but cant
remember what it is now), which also now supports VoIP as well as
Netmeeting like stuff.

There was actually an old Yahoo Messenger for Linux from Yahoo
themselves, but I think it hasnt been updated for a couple of years.
Still worth a look.

Julian