[HLUG] Permissions

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Fri Jan 6 10:16:53 GMT 2006

Hi Tom,

In my limited knowledge, I'd say it'd be easier to back up all your work
and reinstall the OS. File permissions/ownerships are critical to the
way that users or internal processes access their files, and there will
be complaints if those attributes have changed unacceptably. AFAIK,
there's no separate record of file ownerships/perms. to fall back on, in
a normal setup anyway.

Good luck mate, I've fallen foul of owner/perms issues many times,
especially while messing about with dotproject and mysql.

Regards,

Matt Rhys-Roberts