[HLUG] Permissions

Tom English mr_tom at o2.ie
Thu Jan 5 18:33:55 GMT 2006

Hi all,

In trying to set some permissions, I've got lost, and ended up setting / to 777.
When booting, I get errors about certain files being these permissions, but the odd file is easy to chmod.

However, X doesn't work, and I think are some files which need to be 1777 (something to do with TCP??, not sure though).

Is it possible to restore the permissions, or would it just be easier to backup, and re-install?

Sorry wasn't at the meeting, will hopefully be able to get to one soon - I think sticking with tuesday may be the best option.

I'm going to try and attend this months meeting, but cannot guarantee it...

Thanks,

Tom.