[HLUG] Re: MPlayer problem...

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Fri Jan 6 19:57:16 GMT 2006

> It sounds like your video could be interlaced. It's a TV thing;
> 25 full frames per second made up from 50 interlaced frames per second.
> The interlaced frames have alternate lines of image so one frame has the
> odd lines and the next has the even lines. When you superimpose 2
> adjacent interlaced frames you get jagged edges to objects that have
> moved. Stationary objects look fine - is this what you are seeing?

Thanks for the detailed info...
yup, you are right. Interlacing problem. Since gxine was working
fine, I decided to snooping around and find out what settings it
was using, and guess what, it IS using (LinearBlend)
deinterlacing.
I tried to configure gmplayer to use deinterlacing, but couldn't
find the option in the GUI.

In the preference section of gmplyer you only get handful of
options that you can configure, where as in gxine you get tons &
tons of options to fiddle with.

I guess I am ready to say goodbye to MPlayer.

Thanks
Emon