[HLUG] cd command unknown in my system!

John Hedges john at drystone.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 10:03:08 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 08:51:37PM +0000, Graham Cole wrote:
> I can't believe it but the command cd is not available to me and there
> is also no man page for it.
> So has it been superseded by something else? I have the latest Ubuntu.
> --
> Best wishes
>
> Graham

Hi Graham

What is it you trying to do and are you getting any error messages?

cd is implemented by your shell, which is why there is no specific man
page or binary. Have a look at the man page for your shell. To find out
which shell you are using, open a console window and type 'echo $SHELL'
at the command prompt.

Cheers

John