[HLUG] 64 bit problems

Hg Hg80 at nerdshack.com
Sat Jan 14 18:24:55 GMT 2006

Hay glad to here you gone 64bit, i would have gone for the opteron as it
is socket 939 and built on the same core as the top of the range FX
series cpus from AMD (and can be overclocked to ge the same results).
Anywayz your problem with with UT sounds like a drivers issue with
either the Graphics card or the nforce 3 chipset. try installing the
latestest versions.
However you said you kept your graphics card and as such your will only
see a small increase in FPS (between 10-20fps), but having a 64bit CPU
will allow more infomation to be passed in game per clock cycle and
therefore if your running the 64bit version of UT the graphics card will
have more to do and may result in the same/lower FPS.
but it shouldnt drop the FPS by 40 frames.

The cpu usage sounds about right as its still only a single core cpu,
and  UT will try to use all it can. If you had a dual core it would use
all of a single core and therefore the overall workload would be about %50

Tim