[HLUG] cdrom/cd-writer problem

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Tue Jan 31 09:34:31 GMT 2006

Hi all I am running Slackware10.2 with KDE desktop

Recently I installed Slackware10.2(with KDE desktop) on my
friend's PC. He has got a cdrom & a cd-wirter. During
installation Slackware detected the cdrom and entered the
necessary line for it in /etc/fstab. But I for the cdwriter I
had to had to type the line for it  myself & it seems to work
fine.

The (first) problem is, if I mount the cdrom from the desktop
first, then try to mount the cdwriter from the desktop it
automatically shows me the content of  /mnt/cdrom NOT /mnt/cdrw
(which I created mannually).

The (second) problem is, if I mount the cdwriter from the
desktop first, then try to mount the cdrom from the desktop it
automatically shows me the content of  /mnt/cdrw NOT /mnt/cdrom.

So what am I doing wrong??

Thanks
Emon