[HLUG] June Meeting

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 13 20:51:37 BST 2006

Noel McG. wrote:
>> I must wish a round of thanks to our LUG member Phil Taylor, who has FOC
>> fully upgraded our website. We are now running Joomla 1.09 which is
>> actually not that different to Mambo, but with all the security updates
>> added.
>>

> This sounds very nice, however I don't seem able to get either the Mambo
> version or the lug.org site.
>
> If someone has changed the addresses how about letting us know please?

Hi Noel

For whatever reason, Phil Taylor changed his servers round, and our site
ended up on a different server. The link from herefordshire.lug.org.uk
is now wrong, and needs linking to the new location :- (which is )

http://xtype.phil-taylor.co.uk/~hlugorg You can access our site here
until the link is re-established.

I don't have any access to change the link. If you can't do it, I'm sure
Mark will when time allows.

We do get the hosting for free, on a well setup server ideal for Joomla,
so we have no complaints. I had lots of problems running Mambo on
different servers in the past, little things ended up not being fully
compatible, so we are lucky he hosts them on a server perfectly setup
just for Joomla.

When is the next mtg? Next week?

Julian