[HLUG] has anyone got a spare 32bit ubuntu install disk?

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 22:19:30 BST 2006

hello all,

i'm seriously considering switching to 32bit ubuntu. the 64bit version
runs beautifully, but there are a lot of third party proprietry stuff
that isn't available in 64bit yet.

for example, i wanted to view a flash based site and firefox couldn't
find a suitable plugin so it directed me to the macromedia website
where i downloaded the linux package only to find that it doesn't
support 64bit. apparently a lot of the multimedia codecs aren't
available in 32bit yet either.

i've been experimenting with building ubuntu repositories, but it's
all a bit pointless because i can only use debs that i have downloaded
and the repositories i make aren't any use to most people. if i had a
32bit system i could plunder the contents of /var/cache/apt/archive on
other peoples 32bit ubuntu systems and share the results with other
32bit ubuntu users.

i really like the 64 bit version but it makes more sense for me to
switch to 32. has anyone got a spare install cd?

john m.