[HLUG] Sendmail masquerading domain

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu Mar 2 22:25:39 GMT 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about Sendmail?

I have an issue whereby if the person sends a message and it gets
injected into the queue via the sendmail program as opposed to SMTP, it
seems to replace:

From: Andrew Hodgson <user at domain.com>

With:

From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew at machine.domain.com>

Unfortunately as we are using a proprietry add-on which edits
sendmail.cf directly, I can't use any macros in fear that it may crash
the whole system (and then have to reapply several other scripts after
the work has been done - aka 2 wasted hours at work yesterday).

I have disabled dm (domain masquerading) macro in the file, i.e,:

DM

However it still does it.

Using 8.12.10 using SLES9 RPMs.

I meant to email the sendmail.cf file to home directly, but forgot.

Anywhere else in the file (or other file) that may be causing this?

We are testing out Scalix server as our management want us to have
better shared functionality in Outlook - on a side note, does anyone
know anything else that may do this?  Outlook integration is the
important factor, Scalix seems to be the winner so far, though it costs
a bomb and is quite complex (perhaps as much as Exchange) to administer.

Thanks.

Andrew.