[HLUG] Sendmail masquerading domain

John Hedges john at drystone.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 10:23:57 GMT 2006

Hi Andrew

> I have an issue whereby if the person sends a message and it gets
> injected into the queue via the sendmail program as opposed to SMTP, it
> seems to replace:
>
> From: Andrew Hodgson <user at domain.com>
>
> With:
>
> From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew at machine.domain.com>

Does this help (I guess &sol; means '/')?
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite-3.html#ss3.2

> We are testing out Scalix server as our management want us to have
> better shared functionality in Outlook - on a side note, does anyone
> know anything else that may do this?  Outlook integration is the
> important factor, Scalix seems to be the winner so far, though it costs
> a bomb and is quite complex (perhaps as much as Exchange) to administer.

A true open source exchange server replacement seems to be lacking. You
might take a look at opengroupware.org but it requires Outlook plugins.

There are plenty of web based groupware systems such as
http://demo.sugarondemand.com/sugarbeta/index.php?action=Login&module=Users

Could you coax management away from Outlook collaboration and towards
web based groupware and a shared LDAP address book. It's a shame to see
businesses getting entangled in prorietory windows software as it makes
the potential switch to linux desktops much more troublesome.

Not very helpful, I know.

Cheers

John