[HLUG] Ubuntu repositories on a disc/stick?

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:26:38 GMT 2006

hi matt,

if i'm correct, /var/cache/apt/archive is where apt and synaptic stick
all the packages that they download. here's what you could do....

-do a fresh install of ubuntu on your pc.
-install all the programs your friends want on your pc using apt or
synaptic. these programs will also download all the dependencies that
you need.
-copy all the .deb files from /var/cache/apt/archive on your computer
to  /var/cache/apt/archive on your friends computer.
-fire up synaptic or apt and install the packages

i think this might work, but i can't make any gaurantees.

john michaelson.