[HLUG] Memory upgrade.

Mark Broadbent mgjbroadbent at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:07:37 BST 2006

On 29/03/06, Noel McG. <etwell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is rather off topic however.....
>
> I have an acquaintance who has a Toshiba Satellite Pro, SPA40 laptop.  He wishes to upgrade the memory to 512m, currently 256.
>
> However, he has no experience of opening a laptop etc.
>
> So how easy is it to do and would it be relatively straight forward.

On my Dell Inspiron, it was just a case of removing a panel on the
back of the laptop and plugging the memory module in.  Also, the
Crucial memory selector will find the right memory for the laptop (at
a pretty descent price as well) [1].

Thanks
Mark

[1] http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Toshiba%2BSatellite+Pro&mfr=Toshiba&tabid=AM&model=Satellite+Pro+A40+Series&submit=Go