[HLUG] Membership count

Peter Linnell info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Sun May 7 11:03:14 BST 2006

Sorry for delay; Pete (the H@) Linnell signing up. Running a dual boot
WINXP/ Mandriva Linux desktop and a Win98/Ubuntu laptop. Still a
beginner really but using FOSS for many daily tasks and keen to promote
FOSS in the voluntary sector in particular.

To return to previous discussions; I am presently wondering if we
collectively could make up a DVD of a distro with lots of good tools on
it for media content, DTP, image manipulation, a bit of something for
everyone; with a veiw to offering it to the public via the libraries in
the area. This would also need a display of some kind to describe it and
its use. The public would be encouraged to make a copy of the disc then
return it, perhaps being invited to join HLUG?
So, anyone up for it ?
Pete H@