[HLUG] when ever sending large emails drops my net connectiion- why

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sun May 21 14:00:20 BST 2006

Hi Julian,

I have no idea how to do this in IpCop, it will need to be done in the startup script that starts the modem up, possibly /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but I could be completely off the mark.  Of course the obvious way would be through the web GUI, but as you asked this question here, I take it there is no option to change the MTU in there?

I tend to use routers as I can pick cheap ones up for £20 on Ebuyer, they take less electricity to run and if you don't have an old machine, then they are the best option.

Andrew.