[HLUG] MEPIS: Installing a Mouse alongside a Touchpad

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 18:56:50 BST 2006

Hi Folks

    Thanks Tim for the advice on an Ubuntu Install alongside Widows - I
may well come around to it a bit later on. In the meantime have had a
good session getting MEPIS going from the Linux Format Special Issue and
all seems to be good so far. Display fine, printer configured OK,  the
resident laptop Touchpad also detected at install and functions fine but
I really would prefer to use my old mouse which I much prefer.

    I just can't see where to start with installing an old MS-Mouse that
will either run along with the Touchpad or even take priority over it.
Have tried to disable the Touchpad to see if the mouse has been detected
underneath but it doesn't seem to get disabled.

Any ideas more than welcome - I'm sure it must be a simple answer but I
haven't got it yet.

Chris