[HLUG] Feedback from the HLUG meeting

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 11:55:38 BST 2007

Hi Mark

    I went along in the hope some folks might be there despite the
possibility there wouldn't be. Was able to meet George a new member and
tell him a bit about the Group and we had a chat about analogue to
digital conversion, the impending release of the new Ubuntu, the size of
OpenOffice print files and made the inevitable passing references to the
operating system one is forced to buy with any new computer!!.

    In the middle of our deliberations we got interviewed by a little
group canvassing for the local elections and then got charged £2 by
Friends of the Earth for our half visit which I thought wasn't bad given
there were about 10 of them who stayed all evening!!!!.

    Is there any way we can get better attendances or at least devise a
way of saving vain journeys (no offence to George)- it is the second
time this has happened to
me in the last year.

All the best

Chris