[HLUG] Software Freedom Day - Help Needed

Ciaran Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:03:58 BST 2007

Morning,

Software Freedom Day is upon us! (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) This
year it is on Saturday 15th September, the aim is to inform the public
about free and open source software, and help them to use and
understand it.

I plan on setting up a stall in Birmingham City Centre on the 15th,
and hand out free Ubuntu CD's to those who want to try Linux, and The
Open CD to those who want to sample free/open software on Windows. I
will also have some leaflets to hand out too. I hope for the stall to
be situated either near the Central Library, Victoria Square, near the
Bull Ring or New Street Station. I was also planning on having it up
and running between 10am and 3/4pm.

The problem is so far is that its only me. I need help. I require
people to help man the stand, help entice passers by with free CDs,
and answer any questions that are posed to you about Free/Open Source
software. If you can't attend the whole day, even 30mins to 1hr would
be great!

I have created a page on the Software Freedom Day's website.
(http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/uk/birmingham) It has a
rough outline of the plan. Any suggestions and helpful tips would also
be welcome. If you want to contact me email me,
ciaran((dot))mooney((at))gmail.com. That is also my jabber address if
you want to IM me.

If you can't take part in my event in Birmingham, I encourage you to
try and organise your own in your local area.

Thanks for reading,

Ciarán