[HLUG] Lineage of Linux Distros

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 16 22:27:19 GMT 2007

matt at mattjones.me.uk wrote:
> That is interesting, It shows the explosion of distro's in the recent
> years.
>
> Own up then, who was using MCC in '92?
>
> (Incidentally, it took a while to read on a 800*480 screen :) )

Actually, I think I found an error :- Isn't Mepis based on Ubuntu
instead of Debian these days ? (ie From Wikipedia the entry for Mepis says

'The most popular of these distributions is SimplyMEPIS. MEPIS
distributions are based on Debian, some of them indirectly (for example,
SimplyMEPIS 6.x is based on Ubuntu, which is in turn based on Debian)'

Mind you quite a work though ! I started with Red hat 5.2, in approx
1998. I still have the box set.

Julian