[HLUG] How to create a symbolic link?

Graham Cole grahamcole at nerdshack.com
Wed Jul 4 17:51:43 BST 2007

Thanks Matt, I can see a file (in a terminal) ~/.mozilla/plugins so you
were right on that. At first my browser didn't show the above file, even
after I edited the browser Preferences to "show hidden and backup files"
and reloaded. The hidden files did show after I closed and re-opened the
browser.
Next problem was that I couldn't do the drag and drop because I had no
Permission. I had to open the browser as root, using the command $ sudo
nautilus. It annoyed me to find that when I opened the home file there
were no hidden files shown so I had to edit the preferences again. I
would have expected the editing of a few minutes before to remain in
force!
Final problem: I opened Nautilus twice as root and I did the drag and
drop successfully. However the plugin file has a locked symbol on its
icon and when I tested it for performance ti was unsuccessful. Does the
locked symbol mean that the plugin will work only for root? That's crazy
if so.