[HLUG] HD problem

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 16 16:50:31 BST 2007

Graham Cole wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 12:22 +0100, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:11:34 +0100, you wrote:
>>

>>> thanks Andrew for the several ideas below. In the first place the
>>> warning was given during the boot process and said:
>>> SMART failure predicted on Primary Master:
>>> Warning:Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive.
>>> A failure may be imminent.
This may be a bit of a useless idea but if you just want to copy
everything including the OS to a new working HDD, Acronis Image is
excellent and very easy to use.

It takes you thru all the details with a GUI. (you just boot from CD).

But you do have to pay for it - around £30 .

I have a copy if you want to wait till the LUG meeting.

Cheers