[HLUG] HLUG Monthly Meeting - GUADEC, Brum instead July

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 22 13:13:54 BST 2007

George @dicegeorge.com wrote:
> i was at stonehenge
> http://www.stonehengecampaign.org.uk/
>
> hope you had fun...
> whens the next meeting?

Hi George

Its the Third weds of each month, so should be the 18th July.

Thinking about this- this is right in the middle of GUADEC.
http://www.guadec.org - Gnome Users and developers Conference which i've
mentioned before. This is a European Conference a big event, so I'm
wondering if any of use want to possibly consider going as a group to
the event, in place of a LUG meeting?

Bit about it below :-

/GUADEC is a unique forum that highlights the capabilities and direction
of GNOME - the user environment for desktop computers, networked servers
and portable Internet devices. GUADEC also features meaningful
discussions of the future direction of Free Software and Open Source
development in general.

This is the eighth year in which the developers and users of GNOME will
gather in person to discuss the future direction of the project, and to
spread word of GNOME and the benefits of Free Software

GUADEC in previous years: 2006, Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain;     2005,
Stuttgart, Germany;   2004, Kristiansand, Norway;   2003, Dublin,
Ireland;   2002, Seville, Spain;   2001, Copenhagen, Denmark;   2000,
Paris, France;  /

So what do you think a day out in Brum at GUADEC that week ? I'm hoping
I can go, assuming I'm not in the middle of my house move ...

Thoughts, comments please....

Julian