[HLUG] how to change security on multiple objects in Zope at once

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 11 21:10:46 GMT 2007

> Does anyone know how to change the security attributes of multiple
> objects in the Zope Management Interface?
>
> This relates to an issue with Plone Gazette with approx 1000 objects
> (users) with incorrect permissions.
>
> Its a bit long winded to go and edit each single one ...

Would plugging in an external solution like LDAP help:
http://plone.org/development/teams/infrastructure/docs/account-database/

Have a look at some of the 44 Products under ``auth and user
management'', linked from plone.org/products :-)

I'm just about to dive in to some of these issues myself, so I
may know in a few weeks' time - meanwhile that's my best
guess, short of going in through the filesystem (something
necessary for changes in other areas, certainly - but I think
Products may serve you well enough here :).

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
                                              A PRINCE2 aware company

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT