[HLUG] Meeting - Wed 21st March

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 20 23:09:43 GMT 2007

Mark Broadbent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Re: Meeting - Wed 21st March
>
> I know most of you will be reading this on Wednesday, I do apologise but I've had some life-changing events happening at the moment (I've got a new job!).
>
> I'm going to work this slightly differently given the lack of notice.
> If I get 4 or more responses to this email by 3pm to say you can come to the meeting (at Canal Road Day Centre, Hereford) then the meeting will be on, if not we'll delay until next month where I hope to be better organised.  Also we'll need the thumbs-up from Graham who organises the meeting place.
>
> Ok, start by hitting the reply button. ;-)
>
> Mark

Hi Mark

I should be able to make it tomorrow. I'll bring my freshly minted
laptop with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, and new actual working USB WLAN dongle
with Network Manager and even working WPA Encryption !!

I started using Beryl the 3D graphics system at work today, very snazzy.
Pretty stable too.

Hope we can get enough members over tomorrow. 7.30 or is it 7pm Mark?

I will add some stuff to website tonight hopefully to make it more up to
date.

Mark and I will mention tomorrow about ideas to keep the website more up
to date and open it up. IE possibly moving from joomla to a Blog based
site,  to make it easier to get HLUG members to get involved - web 2.0
and all that ...  !!

Nothing decided as yet, but we can discuss tomorrow, or here on the list
if you cant make it.

Cheers

Julian