[HLUG] Thunderbird and Dial Up

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 23:01:04 BST 2007

Hi everyone

    Have started to get my other half ready for Linux by introducing her
to Firefox and Thundbird but still under Windows 2000 for the present.

    If her machine is connected to the ISP then Thunderbird can be
started by clicking the Taskbar Icon - hey presto. If the machine is not
connected clicking the icon gives the following error message:
Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this
connection.
whereas on my machine clicking Thunderbird fires it up whether the ISP
is connected or not.

Thunderbird Help implies this is a Registry problem but I want to make
sure there isn't a menu somewhere where I can give Thunderbird the dial
up instruction it seems to be looking for. I don't really fancy fiddling
with the Registry but if I have to is CCleaner a reasonable free-ware tool?

Sorry to have missed the last meeting, notice just too short. When and
where is the next one?

Chris Owens