[HLUG] Re: HP Deskjet 930C Printer

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 30 13:21:47 BST 2007

Hi Chris

I would suggest if you cant shift it here, that you strongly consider
joining Freecycle in the county.

The idea is that people post about anything they want to give away (but
it must be for free). You can also post if you have things you want to
try and get from other freecyclers, within reason).

Its supported by Herefordshire Council, and the county wide one is
really doing well, about 10 items a day are posted, and the group has
2800 members !

Its all free to join and there are groups all over the country and
worldwide.

I even freecycled an old 498 Laptop I had, the guy in Hereford was
looking for something like that to run DOS on !!

Just for reference to Chris's first point - the HP 930C works perfectly
according to the linuxprinting.org site
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_930C

Its the best place to look for Linux related printing info, ie will this
printer work under linux, or what info is there out there ?

Cheers

Julian